Sunday, August 22, 2010

Day 2 of Principal Photography on the Family Crystal

Today was our second day of shooting on our Web Series, The Family Crystal. It was so hot that there was a point under the hot lights in the hot house in the hot Valley (Sylmar) that I couldn't remember the lines I had just rehearsed word perfect. I went totally blank.

All I could think of was how hot I was. Mindy put an ice pack on the back of my neck and that helped a lot.

Even though the house has air conditioning, we couldn't use it. We'd have to turn it off every time we'd film for the noise factor. And the crew left the doors open to the house so they could run equipment in and out. And even though fans were brought in to help with the heat in places like the makeup room, they had to be turned off when shooting.

We did many of the shorter scenes today just because of location and that meant more costume changes. My ears are very sore for taking earrings in and out, even with the wires dipped in antibiotics like Neosporin to take away the pain.

Unfortunately, by the end of the day, we hadn't accomplished the ambitious 15-page count Elaine was hoping to achieve, so we have been pushed back even farther.

What was nice was the 10-minute ice cream break we got. That was a welcome surprise. It gave people a chance to settle their stomachs and feel a little less hot.

We shoot again on Friday. I'm so looking forward to it.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home