Sunday, March 09, 2014

Great Audition on Friday and My Buddy is Not Here to Share It.

On Friday March 7, 2014, I was fortunate enough to audition for the upcoming SAG/AFTRA radio plays of Burns and Allen, Fibber McGee and Molly, and My Friend Irma.  When we got there, we were paired up male and female and read a generic, gender unspecified scene of Actor 1 and Actor 2. I had to ask the lady which actor I was supposed to be. She gave me Actor 1 which turned out to be a lawyer and the better role, I think, because Actor 2 seemed the straight man.

Anyway, I had a great time.  And normally when I'd have an exciting day like that, the first thing I'd do is email my friend SHARON FETTER, who has been with me every step of my acting career, even though she lived in Columbus Ohio.  She was my greatest supporter.  But I couldn't email my friend --  my wonderful excitement came crashing down to reality because my sweet, generous, warm and supportive friend died from colon cancer on February 27, 2014... and the reality came crashing down that I'll never be able to share the highs and lows of my life with her anymore.

This is the first time I've been able to write about my friend since that awful day, and I realize that I don't even have a photo of her to share here. You see, Sharon, was one of those women that hated to have her photo taken and whenever we were together, she asked me not to.  I always try to respect my friends' wishes on such matters and so I refrained from doing so.  Except you never think you are going to lose your friends and that might be a tangible memory you'd like to hold onto.

I thought I had a photo of Sharon with Ben Browder, because we had gone to a Farscape/Stargate Creation Con in Los Angeles here. Usually I cleverly ask my friends to send me a copy of those photos, not because I want to have the actor's photo but because I want my friend's photo, especially when she's in a happy situation. But I can't find that on the computer so I think this friend outsmarted that maneuver of mine.

In any case, I am so sad for all the things I won't be able to share with this kind and wonderful woman and for all the things she won't be able to do.  RIP Sharon -- there is no one like you and I miss you terribly.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home