Thursday, January 23, 2014

Red Carpet Premiere of The Family Crystal

Last night, the premiere of The Family Crystal finally happened at MBar in Hollywood (Vine and Fountain.), along with the promised red carpet.  It was a small red carpet, not a long one, but that's okay... after all, we wouldn't want me to trip on it.

For the event, I had purchases a beautiful plum Lauren Ralph Lauren gown with a plunging wrap around V-neck and slit up the left leg, hidden by a ruffle that ran from V-neck to hem.

And I had my makeup and hair done by friend/professional makeup artist extraordinaire, WES O'NEIL. He made me look gorgeous.  I asked him to take some photos of me and he did, of my makeup, which is cool. But he obviously misunderstood me that I also wanted one full length of my dress. Because he didn't do that. He, being a guy, isn't aware of how important having photographic memories of our dresses are. Now I have to wait and hope that the photographers at the event caught it.





See how gorgeous I am.  Wish though he had taken a full photo though. The necklace is Mayan, given to me by my ex-husband Grant.

Gosh, I sound like one of those stars on the Red Carpet telly, don't I?  My dress is from... My jewelry is from...

But that is how fabulous a night it was for me.  We grow up watching the actors and actresses walk the red carpet to the various Awards shows.  We watch the pre-shows to see what they are wearing in terms of dresses and jewelry. So can you imagine how awesome it was for me to have that experience for myself? 

I thank everybody who contributed to the series and to this night from the bottom of my heart. Here are a few photos from the talented SCOTT BROWN -- photographer, editor, cameraman, director, and all around nice guy.

 
 
These are friends of mine who came to share the evening with me and view The Family Crystal for the first time.  I was relieved to hear them laughing throughout the episodes... in all the right places.

 
This is me with the awesome Scott Baker, who took these photos. Well, not this one, of course.

 
This is my cousin, lead singer MIKE FISHER, who came to applaud me on. And see how the other part of the 'Industry' does it.

 
With me here is one of our fabulous producers, SUSAN SHEARER.

 
With me here is the actor who played my alcoholic dad so well, TOM KATSIS and his guests.

 
With me here is the guy who made us sound so good and clear, RALPH MILLER.  Between gigs, he paints U.S. Mailboxes.  Bet you never thought that somebody has to go round and paint all the mailboxes to keep them in good repair. 

 
 
With me here is are illustrious cast -- those who were able to come -- along with our equally illustrious director/writer/producer, ELAINE ZICREE (far right).

 
And a shot of our room with the screen on which The Family Crystal unfolded for the first time.

 
The one thing I wasn't prepared for was having to get up on stage and talk to the crowd. And of course, as luck would have it, as the leading actor, I had to go first. Don't even remember what I said as I had nothing prepared.  However, Elaine gave me these cute little crystal champagne glasses that are the size of charms on charm bracelets.  Love them.  Great remembrance.
 
Tom playing the dad got a jar of peanut butter. Angel playing Beauty Crystal got the mirrored tray she used to look at herself in the scene.  Leah as Rhonda got a copy of Tale of Two Cities.  Wish Barry could have come so we could have seen what his little gift was.
 
It was an awesome night, for which I am grateful to so many people. You all know who you are.  Love to you all.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home